The IBI facilitates transdisciplinary collaborations among faculty, staff, and students with expertise in biology, medicine, dentistry, nursing, veterinary medicine, computer and information science, and the management and social sciences. Through its programs and services, IBI:
- Develops innovative computational methods for artificial intelligence, data integration, data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Facilitates the retrieval and integration of clinical, basic science, population, and health outcomes data to generate new ideas and accelerate discovery.
- Serves as a nexus for education, training, and outreach in biomedical informatics for students, staff, and faculty.
- Builds and supports cutting edge computational infrastructure to enable education, research, and clinical translation.
- Advances Penn Medicine as a learning health system.
We envision a Penn ecosystem that fully captures the power of data, information, and knowledge to drive discoveries and improve the health of individuals, communities, and populations as part of the Penn Medicine learning health system.
IBI would like to sincerely thank Robert Faryabi and Nancy Zhang for their efforts in leading the Penn Bioinformatics Forum for the past 3 years. We appreciate their extended contribution in transitioning to the Penn Biomedical Data Science Seminar Series as IBI transitioned to the leadership of Dr. Marylyn Ritchie in 2021. The series has been outstanding, and we greatly appreciate all of Robert and Nancy’s efforts.